I receiver my payments in USD automatically change to EGP I'm withdraw

SweetMay
Contributor
Contributor

I receiver my payments in USD, but when it transfers to my bank it's automatically change to EGP with exchange rate less than bank rate.i need the transfers to keep in USD as it is. Advice please

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SweetMay 

You can withdraw USD if you link a USA based bank account that has a routing number. Otherwise…

Holding multiple currencies

Your balance of your PayPal account may be held in any of the currencies supported by PayPal, and you may hold a balance in more than one of these currencies at the same time.

If you hold a balance in your PayPal account:

• We may allow you to convert the balance into another currency. If you convert the balance in your account, PayPal's transaction exchange rate (including our currency conversion fee) will be used. We may, at our discretion, impose limits on the amount of your balance that you can convert or the number of conversions you can perform.
  • You may only withdraw the balance in the opening currency of your account or such other currency that PayPal supports for withdrawal in your registered country/region. In order to withdraw the balance in your account which is held in another currency you will have to convert the currency to the opening currency of your account, or it will be converted for you at the time of your withdrawal. PayPal's transaction exchange rate, including our currency conversion fee, will be used.

To receive funds in a currency that your account is not currently configured to accept, it may be necessary to create a balance in your PayPal account in that currency or convert the balance into another currency. Certain currencies can only be received by converting the balance into another currency that PayPal allows you to hold. If the balance is converted, PayPal's transaction exchange rate (including our currency conversion fee) will be used.

You are responsible for all risks associated with maintaining multiple currencies in your PayPal account. You may not manage or convert currencies for speculative trading purposes, conversion arbitrage, conversion options, or any other activity that PayPal determines is primarily for the purpose of gaining or making money based on currency conversion rates. PayPal may hold, cancel, or reverse any transaction we determine to violate this policy.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SweetMay 

You can withdraw USD if you link a USA based bank account that has a routing number. Otherwise…

Holding multiple currencies

Your balance of your PayPal account may be held in any of the currencies supported by PayPal, and you may hold a balance in more than one of these currencies at the same time.

If you hold a balance in your PayPal account:

• We may allow you to convert the balance into another currency. If you convert the balance in your account, PayPal's transaction exchange rate (including our currency conversion fee) will be used. We may, at our discretion, impose limits on the amount of your balance that you can convert or the number of conversions you can perform.
  • You may only withdraw the balance in the opening currency of your account or such other currency that PayPal supports for withdrawal in your registered country/region. In order to withdraw the balance in your account which is held in another currency you will have to convert the currency to the opening currency of your account, or it will be converted for you at the time of your withdrawal. PayPal's transaction exchange rate, including our currency conversion fee, will be used.

To receive funds in a currency that your account is not currently configured to accept, it may be necessary to create a balance in your PayPal account in that currency or convert the balance into another currency. Certain currencies can only be received by converting the balance into another currency that PayPal allows you to hold. If the balance is converted, PayPal's transaction exchange rate (including our currency conversion fee) will be used.

You are responsible for all risks associated with maintaining multiple currencies in your PayPal account. You may not manage or convert currencies for speculative trading purposes, conversion arbitrage, conversion options, or any other activity that PayPal determines is primarily for the purpose of gaining or making money based on currency conversion rates. PayPal may hold, cancel, or reverse any transaction we determine to violate this policy.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

GringoTaxisPeru
New Community Member
Everything connected with my PayPal account is in USD. My sales are in USD and bank account is in USD and still PayPal wants to send me the funds in a different currency. If I'm forced to accept a lesser currency and swindled out of receiving my USD that PayPal willing accepted I'll be forced to go back to my regular processing agent. Anyone living abroad knows it's better to exchange the money themselves than allow a bank to give us low-ball rates on exchanges
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.