I'd like to accept donations under a different name

NeilJenkins
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.
I have personal PayPal account.  I am also looking to start an online magazine that will be funded by donations or subscriptions.  If i set up a button for donations, it appears under my own name but I'd like it to instead show the name of the magazine.

Is this possible? I don't really want to set up another account as the magazine is set up under my own name - and I don't have a company that can be an entity that opens its own PayPal account. I do have an ABN though ...

Thanks 
Neil

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @NeilJenkins,

Thank you for returning to the PayPal Community and making another post. Welcome back! I appreciate the necessity to associate the magazine's name to the donations received. I'll be happy to provide some information.

A person's name would be shown in every transaction unless the account is a Business account with a business name. If you do come to have a business and can associate a bank account and tax information with that business name, you would be able to upgrade your account to a Business account, or open a second account as a Business account in that business name with yourself as the account holder. Only then would it be possible to have something other than your personal name show in the transactions.

I'm sorry that I couldn't deliver news that would suit your request better, but I hope this information helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.