How to cancle payment that won't be accepted

sch191
New Community Member

Hello. I tried to pay flight tickets and the order is placed. Now I got an Info that this Airline won't accapt PayPal payments. (I do not know why the hell do they have this option avaliable then). Now my payment will be charged when they accept the payment. They won't accept it and my ticket reservation has expired. How can I cancle my payment? Thank You!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sch191 

If its showing as unclaimed/pending in your paypal account then it should time out if it remains unclaimed at 30 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @sch191,

Welcome to our community help forum and thank you for the help @kernowlass!

I do understand your concern with the order placed. When you attempt to make a payment, the amount can be temporarily charged to your bank/card. This is an authorization charge. The authorization charge will remain pending until the merchant accepts/processed your order. As you mentioned that the merchant did not accept the charge, the authorization might get removed by 72 hours. Although some banks may take 1-5 business days to process the returns. 

Any pending authorizations will get canceled automatically after 30 days. You cannot cancel this type of pending authorization charges, only merchants can be able to do that. You can reach out to the merchant to get this canceled.

I hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.