Help! Transaction still pending after 3 months

dcbee
New Community Member

My payment of $75 to a friend has been a "pending" transaction for >3 months since October 2022.  Both of our profiles are fine and we have both received and made PayPal payments without issue.  We are both based in the US.  The payment was deducted from my bank account which had sufficient funds.  Both my friend and I see the transaction shows "pending" in PayPal.  The response from PayPal is, "Unfortunately, this transaction cannot be canceled. This is a family and friends transaction which means that it's not covered under PayPal Purchase Protection Program. The only way for the money to be returned is to contact the recipient and ask them for a refund."  However, my friend cannot refund the payment since the transaction is still "pending" on her end. 

Does anyone have any other tips or knowledge of transactions being refunded after months of being stuck in a @pending status?  Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dcbee 

Speak to your bank and see if they can re-call the payment?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.