Echeck

SarahM123
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. Why would PayPal send an echeck instead of just sending my money m, and how long is the hold usually for. It’s said it estimated it would be there on the 29th, but it’s still pending. I sent it on the 26th and today is the 31st
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SarahM123 

An instant transfer option is generally available when both a bank account and valid card is linked to a PayPal account. PayPal artificially speeds up a bank payment by advancing the money to recipient immediately on your behalf and await the payment to clear your bank. Sometimes a payment does not pass security or risk checks or the card is going to expire for a payment to go as instant transfer so has to be sent as an eCheck. The date of clearance is estimated and can take longer.

Here are estimates based on which country your bank account is from.

• U.S. - up to 6 business days
  • Canada - up to 8 business days
  • UK - up to 9 working days
  • Australia - 7-8 working days

Your eCheck payment does not appear in your recipient's balance until the transfer is complete.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SarahM123 

An instant transfer option is generally available when both a bank account and valid card is linked to a PayPal account. PayPal artificially speeds up a bank payment by advancing the money to recipient immediately on your behalf and await the payment to clear your bank. Sometimes a payment does not pass security or risk checks or the card is going to expire for a payment to go as instant transfer so has to be sent as an eCheck. The date of clearance is estimated and can take longer.

Here are estimates based on which country your bank account is from.

• U.S. - up to 6 business days
  • Canada - up to 8 business days
  • UK - up to 9 working days
  • Australia - 7-8 working days

Your eCheck payment does not appear in your recipient's balance until the transfer is complete.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.