Receiving money (But pending)

lailailai1213
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all! 

I am a Taiwanese business account (with verified bank cards and have previously successfully received/withdrew money with this account). 

I recently had a friend (verified on paypal) send me a payment (from an US account) which I have received previously from him before as well (as friends and family). One small issue was that when he sent the payment, his Paypal account did appear as negative balance, which was fixed immediately on his side (which could have affected the pending wait time). 

I received email saying that I received the payment, but given that it is a echeck, it would take 3-5 business days to clear and appear in my account. 

It's been 7 days, and this transaction still appears as "pending" and has not reflected on my PayPal Balance. Just wondering if it is going to take longer for the payment to be cleared? If not, what can I do to resolve or expedite this? Thanks! 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

lailailai1213
Contributor
Contributor

Just a little more update, the payment was sent on July 3rd, and I understand there is a national holiday for July 4th -- not sure if this also is affecting the pending time. 

Thanks! 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lailailai1213 

Personally I would allow 5-7 business days and if still no sign contact c.s. for a trace?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.