ENTERED DEBIT CARD NUMBER INSTEAD OF ACCOUNT NUMBER AT THE BACK OF THE CARD

mrdetz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Hope I will get a valid response for this problem. Let me say that I did a human-error which I linked a bank account to my paypal so that I can withdraw my funds. Unfortunately, I mistakenly inputted the debit card number (16-digit number in front) instead of the Account Number (card back numbers) and saved it. Paypal accepted it so I thought it's the correct details, but when I tried to withdraw my funds from Paypal to my linked ATM card with wrong account number, it processed and says completed but did not go in my bank account (because account number is wrong).
Questions is, how can I get back my money? Do I need to go to my bank provider or Paypal can do anything about this? Or will my money bounce back to my Paypal because the account details is wrong? 

Any response would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank You!!

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor
@SykBlitch24, unfortunately not yet. I am still waiting until the 24th as this is when I was told to follow up with Paypal to trace the missing funds. They told me only after 14 days can I ask them to check why the funds haven’t arrived yet. Then there’s a bank to bank check again before they can return it to my Paypal account. And since there are holidays, I would expect the money by January hopefully without anymore delays
Login to Me Too

SykBlitch24
Contributor
Contributor
@katcampos my bank is also metrobank why is this really a big hassle 😫 I am not going to use paypal anymore and that is for sure
Login to Me Too

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor
@SykBlitch24 that’s also what I intend to do as soon as I get my money back. I won’t use Paypal anymore.
Login to Me Too

SykBlitch24
Contributor
Contributor
@katcampos did you called your bank already? I called metrobank already and they told me that the money is in paypal's end already
Login to Me Too

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor
@SykBlitch24 I have called Metrobank the 3rd day after the money was transferred from Paypal to Metrobank. When they checked my account, there’s nothing there not even a pending transaction. When I asked them to check the card number there was a transaction but was reverted back to Paypal 24 hrs after it came due to it being an incorrect account. Paypal doesn’t want to do anything until after 14 days they said, only which they will initiate a trace of the funds which they couldn’t guarantee how long
Login to Me Too

SykBlitch24
Contributor
Contributor
@katcampos, usually they will file a trace for it then the money will be back. The trace can take 24 hours but they can see it already in their end. Paypal just doesn't want a fast transaction and it's not a good sign
Login to Me Too

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor
@SykBlitch24 I didn’t know that. They only told me that they can only trace if after 14 business days. I’ll chase them up again tomorrow. Thanks
Login to Me Too

SykBlitch24
Contributor
Contributor
@katcampos please update me here if you got your miney back okay?
Login to Me Too

katzss22
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me, and the transaction was made last nov. 30,2019.
Login to Me Too

SykBlitch24
Contributor
Contributor
@katcampos did you already made a trace? I sure hope that your money bounced back already
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.