Why did PayPal change its payment notification email?

khurasanminis
Contributor
Contributor

When a seller previously got an email from PayPal about a purchase, it used to come from sender like this: “John Doe via PayPal” … with John Doe being the buyer’s name. Recently they changed it to: [removed] Why did this change happen? It used to be, if you wanted to find the relevant email/order, you could scan the folder the orders are kept in in your email app. Now it’s a sea of [removed] over and over. Why did they do this? How could they have thought it was an improvement? It makes things much more difficult.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Moebius01
New Community Member

To add to it, they have changed the email template itself.  Our HOA accepts payments via PayPal, and the form I have on the website collects their address so I can log the payments.  Before this change, the address they entered appeared directly below the Item info in the payment table.  It's no longer there meaning each time I get a notification, I have to log in to the website, go to the activity, find the payment in question, then open it up to see the entered address.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.