Feature Suggestion for Recurring Payments

dongood76
New Community Member

Hello,

Where can I suggest to PayPal a feature for their system for additional protection? I'm having trouble with recurring payments. I've been using PayPal for a very long time but only this past few months I'm having trouble, their policy may have changed or scammers are really growing in numbers. To describe my issue, when I buy a digital product/service it has subscription for like 6 months or 12 months. Then I would have an automatic preapproved payment. To give a concrete example, If I buy a service from HostGator for web hosting or Google service there would be a subscription for certain period and I would be under a preapproved payment. I have no trouble with American companies they respect the preapproved payment and will not auto renew your subscription without your permission or knowledge. I'm having trouble with other vendors that are outside the US they don't respect the preapproved payment they would renew the recurring payment without my permission and without me knowing it. There are fraud and scammer who are taking advantage of this feature. I have been charge twice because I have this preapproved payment.

So now for the suggestion to PayPal. I'm suggesting an automatic email giving us notification ahead of time that a certain subscription will expire on a certain date, and there is a button to click to subscribe again or not. Or if this is difficult just an email notification that reminds that the subscription will expire very soon for a certain date and if I don't login to my account to click continue or subscribe again the service will be cancelled it protects the vendor/seller because his or her product are not given and it also protects the buyer because he or she has now an option to continue subscription or not. If in case the email is not seen or read the service will just be cancelled and the buyer will not blame anyone but just login to the vendor/seller and subscribe again. 2CheckOut is using this feature because there is a fraud/scammer that is taking advantage of this flaw in the PayPal system. As you can see the preapproved payment is one sided it autorenews - give payment to the seller or vendor but what about the buyer? Where is the protection to the buyer to stop the recurring payment? For example you want a product you bought it and after a few months you tested it and it turns a bad product so you don't want to buy again but since you bought this several months ago you forgot that there is a preapproved payment and since they are scammers or fraud will not respect you to click the autorenewal manually but will use the preapproved payment as a way for them to subscribe to their bad products or services. If 2CheckOut can give an email notification with a button to click for renewal PayPal can surely do this also. Otherwise the scammer will take advantage of this flaw in the PayPal system and many PayPal users will leave sooner or later. So can someone please bring this to the PayPal admin or the manager so that they be aware. If this is not the right section then please feel free to forward this to the people concern.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.