Removing All Recurring/Automatic Payment Information From My Account

mcr83
Contributor
Contributor

I have just cancelled 2 recurring/automatic payments, but how do I remove all the information from my account. At the moment the information is still their and their status is "inactive"

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there mcr83, 

Once they are cancelled they are certainly inactive and cannot be reactivated, as a financial institute however there is no way to remove all traces of a subscription from your account.

The only way to do this would be to close this PayPal account and open a new one.

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

JDW1
New Community Member

The statement "there is no way to remove all traces of a subscription from your accountis rather bewildering to me. Whatever happened to "where there's a will, there's a way"??  With computers, it's easy to delete anything you care to delete.  What you seem to be saying is that there is some legal barrier that prevents Paypal from deleting these "inactive" recurring payments.  If so, please cite the exact law that prevents such deletions.

But even if you cite a law or regulation for us, consider well that there is a Statute of Limitations on pretty much anything (exept for homocide), so are you honestly telling us that 20 years from now we will still see these things shown as "inactive"?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi JDW1

First I want to welcome you to our community. We discuss and help each other to find solution pretty much everything related PayPal.

Great question, thanks for that 🙂

We keep records of all PayPal payments, for at least 7 years. We do this to comply with law, prevent fraud and assist with any possible future investigations.

If you made a payment using PayPal, we’re unable to remove all of your records from our database, even if you close your account. However, we’ll only use your account information in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

To view our Privacy Policy, go to www.paypal.com/uk, log in to your account and click 'Privacy Policy' at the bottom of the page.

PS: We are in Twitter (@AskPayPal) and Facebook to help ,  if you have any questions please feel free to contact us . 

Best regards

Arda 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.