I get this e-mail from Ana G to paid 69.99 then i get this e-mail today

suGill
New Community Member

We've noticed significant changes in your account activity

Dear Customer,
We emailed you a little while ago to ask for your help resolving an issue with your PayPal account. Your account is still temporarily limited because we haven't heard from you.
We understand it may be frustrating not to have full access to your PayPal account. We want to work with you to get your account back to normal as quickly as possible.
What's the problem?
We noticed some unusual activity on the credit card linked to your PayPal account.

How you can help
It's usually pretty easy to take care of things like this. Most of the time, we just need a little more information about your account or latest transactions.
To help us with this and to see what you can and can't do with your account until the issue is resolved, log in to your account and go to the section limited.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you need further assistance, please click Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page.
Sincerely,
PayPal

This email was sent by an automated system, so if you reply, nobody will see it. To get in touch with us, log in to your account and click "Contact Us" at the bottom of any page.

Copyright © 1999-2018 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.

PayPal Email ID PP069 - WXTQ07OJAA

Post edited by Moderator as per Community guidelines

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@suGill

Its a spoof, DO NOT USE ANY LINK.

Firstly if the email addressed you as ''Dear Member'' / ''Customer'' / ''Client'' OR your ''email address'' then that confirms its a spoof as paypal would address you by your full name eg Dear John Smith.

Secondly if there was a link OR attachment in that email to ''cancel'' the transaction or ''confirm'' any details then again it would be a spoof.

If there was a problem with your account paypal would not ask you to click on an unsafe link in an email or by downloading an attachment, they would direct you to log in normally and go to the resolution or the message centre for more information.

More info here >>
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-to-spot-fake-emails-faq2340/2

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.