Pre approved payments and subscriptions

Steve1000000
New Community Member

I've seen many complaints on this issue both on external and internal forums and also have experienced this first hand.

Paypal is suppose to be a money account where people can manage transactions and their monthly subscriptions (payments out). I find it extreamly dissapointing that I am unable to manage my subscriptions as in the past when I have mailed subscription services to cancel they have taken a payment out and its taken much pain and mails to get the money back.

We as customers should be in control of our money and there should be a feature to manage pre-payments that is easy to find from the main paypal site.

Paypal pull your finger out and give us some customer focus.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

knightonthetoon
New Community Member

Steve I wonder if you can advise me. I have received an e-mail stating that I have signed up for a pre-approved payment plan. The company is called Research in Motion. I cant recall this transaction or know what it is for or about. Any information would be appreciated.

Regards

Ken

Login to Me Too

Wannamaker
New Community Member

Yes I've had one I googled it an it's something to do with blackberry I think I have purchased games on there recently but I don't understand it I have 3 on my account and it says payments up and over a grand. I'm trying to look into it more if you find out can you post please cheers

Login to Me Too

ray6672

This has happened to me too. It was a surprise after buying an app to watch You Tube

Ray

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys,

You can follow the process that I have included below if you wish in order to view or cancel a subscription service on your account.

Here’s how to view or cancel a subscription or recurring payment:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.ukand log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Select ‘My money'.
  4. In the ‘My pre-approved payments’ section, click ‘Update'.
  5. Select the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel and click ‘Cancel’.
  6. Click ‘Cancel Profile’ to confirm your request.

Note:

• You can’t reactivate a recurring payment after you cancel it.
  • Cancelling a payment doesn’t cancel your contract with the merchant. You need to pay the merchant for any goods or services you have already received.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Empi5
New Community Member

Hi could i ask,

When i purchased an xbox live subscription for £1 a month, it was a deal wherby i agreed to an 8 month deal, and paid upfront. Obviously on paypal it set up a subscription for an ongoing renewal, for £1 a month...... I foolishly cancelled this subscription, so when Microsoft apply for a further £1 , which i am in agreement with, Paypal is saying this agreement is cancelled.

How do i arrange Paypal to agree to it.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there, 

You would need to visit the merchants website and set it up again I'm afraid.

Wayne

Login to Me Too

mohamedhassan88
Contributor
Contributor

I want to reactivate my preappoaved payment for one merchant I have already cancelled.

Login to Me Too

smithy_sid
New Community Member

On two occasions I've made one-off purchases using PayPal, and then found that a pre-approved payment mandate had been set up. In both cases I was never adked if I wished to set one up. Two questions:

1. Is this acceptableand legitimate as far as PayPal are concerned?

2. What protection do I have if the third party takes payments for items I have never ordered/approved?

One of my worries is if the third party site gets hacked and my PayPal account is used to fund purchases/activities.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.