unconfirmed shipping address

bree26
New Community Member

i just sent a payment to someone and on my email receipt it says that my shipping address is unconfirmed even though it is on my account as part of my addresses. will i still get my order if the email says its an unconfirmed shipping address???

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

For a seller to be covered under the paypal Seller Protection, the address no longer need to be confirmed. 

The payment will state if it is covered under the Paypal SPP. So if the payment states good to ship, the seller is covered and should ship your package

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

bree26- Profdata is correct that it shouldn't matter much anymore.  But here's a couple of possibilities for why your address is unconfirmed.  One, if you've never added a credit card to your account, our system has never gone through the verification process that typically confirms addresses.  Or it's a known issue we have where addresses that would otherwise be confirmed...aren't.  That one is purely cosmetic, and because seller's don't need to send to confirmed addresses, probably not a problem we're going to fix quickly. 

Hope that sheds some light on things!

Andy

Login to Me Too

MzakiM
New Community Member

I have the same thing
so The shipment will arrive right?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

MzakiM- Your address being unconfirmed should have nothing to do with you receiving your package. While I can't speak for your seller, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't get your item.

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.