The print shipping label service is temporarily unavailable, please try again

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

I've consolidated several threads into this one, so everyone can see answers in the same place.

The error message is a little confusing because it's generic. I'm sorry about that, but I can clarify here.

This error most commonly occurs when there is a formatting discrepancy on one of the addresses going on the label. It can be either the ship-to address OR the ship-from address. Even addresses that have passed validation previously may trip up the validation on subsequent attempts, so it is important to check both addresses even if they have worked before.

Go to http://www.usps.com and click to "Look up a zip code". Paste in the buyer's address. If the USPS has the address listed in different formatting, edit it for the label. Remove a business name if that differs. Change "street" to "st" if that's how the USPS has it. Remove trailing spaces if the address you pasted in has them. The validation can be finicky!

If the error continues to occur, do the same for your ship-from address. Even if it has worked previously, you may find that this resolves the problem.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

HolidayBeader
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to hear of all the troubles getting refunds. I have been lucky so far. 🙂

And I found my problem. Somehow, my personal settings had been switched from using my active paypal balance to my paypal credit card and there was no room on the credit card, but tons of money in the active account. Got that switched back and the label went right through.

Happy holidays!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.