Mutli Order Shipping Label Void Denied

heyviv
Contributor
Contributor

Hi -  I voided a Mutli Order shipping tool label and the void was denied by the post office - here's the message USPS sent:

"This email confirms that your shipping label cancellation and your refund request has been denied by the U.S. Postal Service® for the shipping label shown below because a package containing this shipping label was received by the U.S. Postal Service."

I know how to do a void through history in the multi order shipping tool.  So why did they deny it even when we didn't use the label (we destroyed it)?  Is it because we print out the post office scan sheet and we did that before we voided it.  So even though the label itself was not used it still "existed" on the scan sheet.  The postal carrier scans that sheet when he picks up our packages.

My questions are:

Does anyone know if I have this right?

If so, how can I change the scan sheet?

Am I doing the void wrong and is there a better way to do it?

Thanks for your help and I look forward to hearing about your experience.

Vivian

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

jim999
Contributor
Contributor

Once you print the scan form, you can't void a label from that batch.

Reason is, because the scan from must contain all package info for every label printed.

The only thing you can do, is to void the label BEFORE a scan form is printed.

Even then, I'm pretty sure the scan form won't print until the void is confirmed, which takes several days.

Login to Me Too

heyviv
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - yes, I agree except that sometimes we have to cancel the order after the label and scan form is printed.  Are we not elegible for a refund then even though we don't use the label ?  I've tried the Post Office and Paypal on this question and get canned answers

Does anyone know - how do we get a refund on an unused label after the label and scan form is printed? (and please don't tell me how to do a void. I know how to do that.  The void is denied by the Post Office every time even though we never used the label)

Thank you for any help or insight you can give me.

Viv

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.