payments from paypal account to another paypal account

infocustomer
Contributor
Contributor

Can I transfer funds from one paypal account to another? 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Andy

infocustomer-  You absolutely can!  You just need the email address for the receiving account and some sort of financial instrument (bank, credit card) on file so you have a sending limit.  Then you go to the "Send Money" tab, determine what type of payment it is, and follow the prompts.

Hope that helps!

Andy

Login to Me Too

tscuriosity
New Community Member

I was wondering how long it takes for the receiptient before they have access to the funds transferred to their account from another paypal account?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

tscuriosity-  In most cases the payment should be available immediately for their use.  The only caveat to that is if they have payment holds on their account and it was sent as a payment for goods, then the payment may be held maximum 21 days, or 3 days after we can confirm delivery of the 'item'.

Hope that helps

Andy

Login to Me Too

mommahaas

so i tranfered funds from my checking account into my PayPal account.  I want to send the funds from my PayPal account to theirs but the only option I see to send money is instantly from my debit card on file.  How does that work?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

mommahaas- How long ago did you transfer the funds and have they shown up available in your balance?  I'm thinking that the reason your only option is your card is because the money hasn't arrived from your bank.  It typically takes about 3-5 business days to show up.  Once it does, our system will automatically default to the balance first, and in the future you can just send money to someone without adding it first since it'll take about the same timeframe anyway.

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.