This transaction cannot be completed...

alextranced
Contributor
Contributor

hi there!

I have been trying for the last 2-3 days to send 120 euros for a non ebay transaction via "Send online" and I keep getting messages like : "This transaction cannot be completed..."

so I asked the seller to send me an invoice which he did but when I press continue on the invoice another error appears "To complete this payment, add another debit or credit card to your PayPal account or Update your Credit Card or Debit Card."

ok like wtf? my visa electron card is valid , expiry date 01/2012 i have sufficient funds (btw I tried multiple payments of  20-30-40-50-60 euros SAME ERROR) also today I bought some Facebook credits and it worked so what the **bleep** is the problem?

I sent paypal some mails regarding this and they said that some internal security feature is blocking my transaction and I should try from my home (which am I lol) and other stupid advices , actually it is very easy let me make my damned payment already !

Look I need to make this payment asap so I can get my item before Xmas so could you please help me?

Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

PayPal_Olivia

Hi alextranced,

Welcome to the forums.

There can be any number of reasons why a card would not be available for use on a specific transaction. It could be that the merchant doesn't take that type of card. It could be that the card requires additional verification. Or, as the email reply you mentioned said, It could be that our internal security controls are disallowing that funding source for that one payment, which sometimes happens - the security controls are designed to be very protective and sometimes they prevent completely legitimate payments as well.

If any messaging in your account is prompting you to verify information, doing so may help. Otherwise, adding and trying a different funding source may do the trick.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Rahimseven
New Community Member

I've been having this same issue for the last week. I don't even get an option to change payment source. Why a answer cannot be given as to the exact problem, is beyond me. Just a bunch of "it could be this, or that". Takes 3 to 5 days to add funds to the account and that is the only thing that seems to work.

Login to Me Too

jflegander
New Community Member

why is pay pal sending me e-mail saying that a payment wasnt completed when the person i brought the item from ebay says they got the money and mailed the item. and when i check my pay pal account it says everything is completed / is pay pal sending two payments to this person ?

Login to Me Too

cloud
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

That is very strange. I am having the exactly same problem.

The problem started around 6th of Dec 2010. When I tried to send money for some online purchases. When I try to use the "Send Money" within PayPal I get the error message "This transaction cannot be completed..." there is no reason given or explanation.

When I contacted PayPal I was give the same random reason, and something about security mesaures that are automated and they cannot do anything about it, this was a very strange reply. Anyways I waited few days and then tried again, BUT failed again and the same error was given. I contacted again and received a long email about various reason that could be a problem. I went through each and everyone and there was no problem on my side, not only that I have been shopping on Amazon withouth any problem.

I was told that there might be a problem with CC and between PayPal, BUT, I was able to make purchases via eBay and make payments with PayPal. Also when I updated my PayPal account it deducted 1$ from my CC, so that means everything is Ok between the PayPal and my CC.

I sent a mail with explanation of all the reasons that were given to me and told that there is no problem on my side. I didnt even get a reply from PayPal (and this was 1 week ago), and that is not good.

I tried to send money today as well, but got the same error. I have emailed again in hope that I get a solution.

Seeing that I am not the only one who is having these problems recently, shows that there is some problem at the PayPal end. So what is the problem and what is the solution?

Regards

Update:

the error is displayed when i try to pay for an invoice sent to me by the seller (as mentioned above by the OP), message displayed is;

"To complete this payment, add another debit or credit card to your PayPal account or Update your Credit Card or Debit Card." Hmm getting a new credit card is not very convenient option.

Login to Me Too

sibuna78
New Community Member

I had an item that i wanted to purchase on ebay this morning and it had a "buy it now" option.  When i clicked on the button it directed me to my paypal account login like its done the past bazillion times ive used it.  But this time, i got an error message saying "this buyer only accepts immediate payments please add a credit card to your paypal account to complete transaction".  WTF????  hello i know the seller wants immediate payment thats why im using my paypal account which IS NOT WORKING!!!!  So i logged on here to try and see what was the problem with my account but cannot find one. 

Needless to say i spent so much time trying to find out the problem, I lost the item because it was purcahsed by someone else.  Ive only been waiting for 2 years to find this item listed on ebay and i lost it.  Thanks paypal!!   

Login to Me Too

cloud
Contributor
Contributor

I tried a purchase today at eBay, but Failed to send PayPal. Seriously annoying...I mean really annoying.

Here is the reply that I got today;

It shows that the reason why you were not able to complete the transaction is because of PayPal's security model that is in place to help prevent fraud and protect your money. What happens is that for every transaction that takes place in the PayPal system, we have an internal security model that identifies patterns of behavior. This is similar to the way banks and credit card companies identify patterns of behavior when approving individual transactions.

It does not look at you, your credit or your seller individually. It just looks at the transaction from a pure statistical basis. When our system does not allow a certain funding source for a transaction, it is merely an indication that the individual transaction fits a pattern that is observed to have potential problems attached to it.

For everyone’s protection, we do not have way of turning this off since it is a self-regulating program. As such, kindly try to send your payment on a later time, or contact your seller and make the payment outside of PayPal. I know it is not the best answer for you now, but the protection that it gives you really is for the best.

BUT this has never happened since I have been using PayPal and have sent hundreads of dollar at a time. And now I am also not able to use eBay/PayPal. When I tried to make Payment on eBay today, I got an error with redbox at the top, saying, "Please enter the correct information for the following fields" BUT below there is nothing to select and it says Sorry this page is not available at this time.... 

And no one on this forum offering help as well? 

Login to Me Too

Grokko
New Community Member

So I can't make puchases because the odd list of presents I buy for my family appear to be a pattern of theft or fraud?

This is some BS on paypal's part indeed. I have pending payments due with sellers that will not take another form of payment. I have no other way to pay for them. My paycheck comes on a bank card. It has adequate funds. Do i tell the merchant "paypal can't tell it's rear from a hole in the ground and I can't pay?" How do I resolve this? I don't have another card or account to add.

Login to Me Too

KathyJen52
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to send funds, not from a credit card but from available paypal funds.  It just keeps telling me to add funds.  No limits have been reached.

I'm very annoyed.  As is the person to whom I owe the money.

Login to Me Too

LeeLeeMarie
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. I bid on and won a video camera. They didn't even mention in the listing they wanted immediate payment. I have more than enough money in my paypal account but it will not let me continue without adding a credit card first. I have a bank account linked to my account and transfer money all the time to assure I always have a balance. I have bought plenty of other things from eBay with my paypal account without this issue. I am glad to see I am not the only one having this issue and hope that someone figures out how to get around this. It is making me so angry. I am going to lose this awesome digital video camera I have wanted forever 😞 Oh and another thing. Netflix says you can pay with paypal but gives the same message when I try to set up an account. Thanks for being clear on things Paypal and Netflix. GGRRRRRRRR. I am so freaking angry!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.