Split payment problem..

nanoplane
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I attempted to pay for a purchase from a vendor  but when Paypal sent me back to the vendor site, there was an error and the order was never shown as taken.

Problem is that in my Account, it shows that the payment appeared to have been split, with all my available paypal funds paid to the vendor and none of the remaining paid (I had requested to pay via CC) ,..

So now Paypal shows the order as "Pending" but the vendor shows no order but they have all my paypal funds (balance shows $0).

How do I get this resolved??  I was going to file a dispute, but didn't see any category of dispute to cover this situation..

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Amy

When sending money through PayPal, if you have PayPal funds those will be used before your bank or credit card is charged.

If an order is pending that means that the merchant has not captured the payment yet.  The merchant has 29 days to complete the order.  if the order is not completed then on the 30th day the order will be voided.

The best way to resolve this is to work directly with the merchant.   If the merchant does not see your order, they will need to contact PayPal for assistance.

PayPal_Amy

Login to Me Too

nanoplane
Contributor
Contributor

You know, that's the problem... I contacted the Vendor and they say the order never completed and they their records show still waiting for payment.  They told me to contact Paypal and that you would be able to cancel the charges... 

So.. Do I need to create a dispute to get this resolved? on what basis??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.