Long awaited goodbye to PayPal plug-in

KenFriedman
Contributor
Contributor

I was extremely gratified to see that PayPal is dropping the browser plugin. I could never get it to work in any of the browsers I use (IE8 and Firefox). RIP. Smiley Tongue

Ken Friedman

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

soiferheld
Contributor
Contributor

If you currently have an active and working browser plug-in (P) - it can still generate secure cards, the link on the PayPal Accounts page has been removed however.  The webpage you get redirected to informs that as of Sep 22 all Secure Card payments will be denied.  This is a STUPIDITY!  PayPal will certainly lose customers over this. 

Login to Me Too

john-walton
Contributor
Contributor

I too will miss the single use credit card. I certainly avoided repeat charges for subscriptions. Worked well only with IE in my opinion. 

Login to Me Too

useopenid
Contributor
Contributor
I'd forgotten about that. WoW is going to get even less of my infrequent business as a result.
Login to Me Too

liuchess
Contributor
Contributor

The PayPal Plugin was awesome and will truly be missed. I needed to generate virtual cards quickly and was able to do that. Now I don't have any other options. Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

hangfirebabe
Contributor
Contributor

I, for one, absolutely love the PayPal Plug-In and am sorry to see it go. The convenience of the plug-in was so extremely easy for me, and I could feel safe knowing I could use cash in the paypal account and not have to deal with a credit card. I just bought something online today that I didn't even have to go get my credit card to copy the number off of, otherwise I wouldn't have completed the purchase. So effortless, the equivalent of a cash transaction, no bills later. As usual, when there is something out there that really works well, it gets pulled off the market. Sorry to see it go!

Login to Me Too

notanotherxerox
New Community Member

The plug-in saves me so much time and typing! I use it for the Secure Card feature, and anytime I need to type in my email address or home address. I love it! I have a nervous system disorder that causes pain in my hands and the plug-in has allowed me to spend more time online because I don't have to type so much. Its a shame they're getting rid of it. I hope they come up with something to replace it. 

Login to Me Too

liuchess
Contributor
Contributor

Yea I agree. Don't let us down. PayPal.

Login to Me Too

emerson40
New Community Member

The loss of Plugin feature PayPal was the main reason I used the site! A huge error on Paypal part!!!!!

Login to Me Too

plugin_user
Contributor
Contributor

I found the PayPal plugin very useful, especially the SecureCard virtual/temporary one use credit card number feature.

If the paypal plug-in disappears I'll problaby get a Citibank credit card that has that feature.

Login to Me Too

tirams
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.