Long awaited goodbye to PayPal plug-in

KenFriedman
Contributor
Contributor

I was extremely gratified to see that PayPal is dropping the browser plugin. I could never get it to work in any of the browsers I use (IE8 and Firefox). RIP. Smiley Tongue

Ken Friedman

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

dang
Contributor
Contributor

@tirams wrote:

discover has secure card generator

http://www.discovercard.com/customer-service/faq/soan.htm

Oh well, at least somebody has the good sense to maintain a plug-in that can generate secure card numbers. I still can't understand why PayPal would drop something like this. Does anyone know what PayPal's rationale is for dropping their plug-in?

Login to Me Too

FalconFour
Contributor
Contributor

Okay... PayPal plug-in is going away in 2 days.

WHATEVER. I DON'T CARE. I don't use it!

Yet I keep getting these annoying nags that "Hey, the paypal plug-in is being retired." "Hey, the plugin is going away!" "PayPal plug-in will no longer be available!"... OH JEEZ I GET IT!

I downloaded it once, MANY years ago. I never used it since. I've gone through several computers since then. At first, when I got the email, I was like... PayPal plug-in, what the heck is that?

I actually went to my PayPal preferences to see if there was something in there indicating that I actually used the thing, so I can turn it off and get the nags to go away. No such thing.

Can you say, "unsolicited email"?

I wonder if there are more people being inconvenienced by the nagging than by the retiring plugin...

/rant

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.