I want to cancel a payment.

firstnet2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,
I purchased some items from www.personalizationmall.com but I forgot to change the shipping address to my address, please cancel the transaction and I will make it again with correct address.

Note:

Unique Transaction ID #O-9LB16071716903428

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

I'm sorry if there's been any confusion, but the PayPal Community Help Forum is not a customer service venue - it's a group area for member to member assistance (ie, customer to customer).  If you need to change or cancel a transaction, you'll want to start out by contacting the merchant directly.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Nibbly
Contributor
Contributor

I want to cancel a pending payment and the automated response advises that I go to history and click cancel on "order status/action," but there is no drop down menu and no where to click to find "cancel." Can you help?  Nibbly

Login to Me Too

firstnet2
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Adrian wrote:

Welcome to the boards!

I'm sorry if there's been any confusion, but the PayPal Community Help Forum is not a customer service venue - it's a group area for member to member assistance (ie, customer to customer).  If you need to change or cancel a transaction, you'll want to start out by contacting the merchant directly.

Thanks!

Adrian

Thanks Adrian, and sorry about that :).

Login to Me Too

Nibbly
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.  I am not looking for customer service or for someone to intervene with a vendor for me.

I am looking for an explanation of where on the page on my account, there is a place I can click on "cancel" for a payment marked "pending." The instruction I get from the FAQs is to click cancel under "order status/action" for a payment that is pending (rather than "completed").   However, there is no drop down menu there, and no way to click on anything in that column that I can find.

Isn't this a proper member to member question? I thought a member with some tech experience would be able to advise me. Either that or the instructions one receives from the automated FAQs are completely erroneous.  

Thanks, Nibbly.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello nibbly!

It appears you're viewing the instructions for a merchant to cancel an order or an authorization; buyers cannot cancel orders or authorizations directly through the PayPal website.  To have the order or authorization voided, you'll want to reach out to the merchant.  This is important, because it allows them to avoid shipping the item to you. 

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Nibbly
Contributor
Contributor

'k. thanks.  Then there is no way to contact Paypal  when they place a temporary hold on a payment that is pending?

Nibbly.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

There is - click on "Contact Us" and select "Call Us" or "Email Us," but for recent orders or authorizations, they would refer you to the merchant as well.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

firstnet2 - hey that's alright!  No problem!  Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.