paying with paypal on origin requires a debit or credit card?

antrov
New Community Member

Hi, i currently have my bank account hooked up with my paypal account and would like to use that as a means to purchase something on EA origins. However, I do not have a debit or credit card and do not wish to get one, but when i try to purchase the stuff it requires a debit card. Is there any way around this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Anna

Hi antrov,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear about the challenges.

Usually you would need a debit, credit or a prepaid card in order to fund your payments. However the solution you can use is Add Funds option, however please note that the security system may request you to link a backup funding source even if you have sufficient funds in your PayPal balance.

Here’s how to Add Funds to your PayPal balance:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
  2. Click Add Funds near the top of the page.
  3. Choose to move money to your PayPal account yourself (almost instantly), or let us do it for you (in 5-7 working days).

If you want to move money yourself:

• Under 'You move money from your bank account', click 'Continue'.
  • Make a note of the payment details (in red) and log in to your online banking to make a payment to your PayPal account.
  • Your money will arrive in your PayPal account within a few minutes. We'll email you when it arrives

If you want us to move money for you, your bank needs to be confirmed. If so, here's how:

• Under 'PayPal moves money from your bank', click 'Continue'.
  • Select the bank account you want to use, enter the desired amount and click ‘Continue.’
  • Review the details and click ‘Submit’. (Click ‘View the details of this transaction’ to see the expected date for the money to arrive.)
  • Your money will arrive in your PayPal account in 5 - 7 working days. You can check the status at any time by going to your PayPal transaction ‘History’ and checking the transaction status.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

psuarezz54
New Community Member

This reply isn't helpful in my case. I already have funds in my PayPal account.  When I try to make a purchase from EA/Origin online I automatically get asked to add a credit card to my PayPal account and at the bottom of the page it says that the payment will be deducted from the credit card which makes using PayPal for payment redundant if you actually wanted to pay with the credit card. 

I tried adding a new payment option to my EA account and the same thing happens. I contacted EA they say its a Paypal Issue.

Overall it's really frustrating when all you want to do is spend your money but can't because of details like this.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.