New credit cards

JohnFB
Contributor
Contributor

I have two replacement credit cards. Since one is American Express, PayPal requires me to have another.

I have added both my Amex and other card and two PayPal £1 deductions have appeared on the same credit card bill (since the same bank offers Amex and Visa). One has a code (which I have entered); the other has no code. So, while the other card is accepted, the other shows that I still have to register it.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi JohnFB,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

If you don’t see your 4-digit PayPal code on your credit card statement, you may need to contact American Express to confirm your credit card.

The American Express customer service telephone number is usually located on the back of the credit card. You will need to call customer service and ask them for the 4-digit code that appears next to the charge from PayPal.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

JohnFB
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply and your welcome. I now have my bill and the four digit number for the Amex card appears on that; the Visa card payment also appears and has been credited on the same bill, but, since the American Express card expires soon, I thought it easier just to delete the card from my PayPal profile. Unfortunately that £1 payment has remained without a corresponding credit. Seems penny pinching to bring this up for only £1 - sort of principal though!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.