Sending money by email

elduc
Contributor
Contributor

Using "Goods" I sent £150 as a deposit on a holiday villa to the owner, using his email address.

The owner only received £144.70 - £5.30 less than what was required.

Payment was made by my Credit Card via PayPal showing the full amount taken from my account,

thus no charge to me as advertised.

Is this 'charge' to the recipient correct, and if so why is this not made clear before transactions are made?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Click on "fees" at the bottom of EVERY paypal page and you will see what the fees are for the seller.

All sellers pay a fee per transaction, paypal is not a free services and their staff do like to be paid at the end of the month i guess.

If the person accepting payment for providing holiday accomodation is using paypal as a seller then its best if they read up on the fees before they start selling like the rest of us did.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Click on "fees" at the bottom of EVERY paypal page and you will see what the fees are for the seller.

All sellers pay a fee per transaction, paypal is not a free services and their staff do like to be paid at the end of the month i guess.

If the person accepting payment for providing holiday accomodation is using paypal as a seller then its best if they read up on the fees before they start selling like the rest of us did.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.