Says 'completed' but hasn't taken money out of my bank account/given it to the seller.

Morfie
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to buy something through paypal on the 16th. I've bought from this seller before and recently, without a problem. They're well established. This time it said there was a potential risk and they'd have to look into it. I assume that was done, because the status changed to 'completed' and the notice disappeared. However, the money hasn't been taken out of my bank account and hasn't been given to the seller, meaning that I haven't recieved what I payed for. 

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Morfie

Could be because of the weekend, I suspect that within the next few days the payment will be taken as not all ppal payment arent instantly taken on the day of purchase

Login to Me Too

Morfie
Contributor
Contributor

I'm so used to them being taken automatically, I've been a little worried. And I completely forgot about the weekened haha. I'll wait a couple more days and see if anything comes of it. Thankyou.

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Ok see how it goes

WelcomeSmiley Wink

Login to Me Too

Morfie
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, so it's been 7 days now and nothing has been taken out of my bank, so I haven't recieved what I ordered (digital). I have never had this problem before and have no idea what to do about it. Anyone have any ideas? Because it's really bugging me now.

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

7 days is unusual

Do u know there is no buyers protection on digital items if u dont receive it

So maybe its a blessing no money has gone??

Login to Me Too

Morfie
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't recieved the item because I haven't paid for it. Because for some reason paypal hasn't taken the money from my bank and given it to the seller.

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Suggest contacting customer service then since it says completed, using the contact us call us/email us or for perhaps a quicker response www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Login to Me Too

Sj14
New Community Member

I am having a similar issue, PayPal say complete, the seller has been payed and I have received my items but money has not gone from my bank account.

I have never had a delay with money not being taken from my bank account, it has always been instant.

And I cannot find an email address to talk to some one from PayPal?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Sj14,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member! 

Your question is very account specific and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www facebook.com/PayPalUK/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., email or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.