Received money, but Paypal balance is 0 ?

matt292
New Community Member

Hello

I received a payment today, but my Paypal balance (on the left in the new design) reads 0.00.

However, if I click "History" - the payment is correctly showing in the top left.

When I click "withdraw money" in the new site - I get the following message: "There's nothing to transfer right now. Try again when you have a PayPal balance."

Does anyone know why the "classic site" is correctly telling me what money I have, yet the newer looking one doesn't recognise it? I want to transfer the payment I received to my bank account.

Is it just a case of waiting for it to correct itself?

Thank you

Kind regards

Matthew

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

theres been a glitch.

click on the > next to paypal balance and then manage currencies, double check you have sterling set up as your default funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ElliottSplash
New Community Member

I was paid money by a Youtube Network Company. It says i have recieved my payment, but its not showing in the wallet balance.

Any suggestions or information why its done this?

Login to Me Too

AdamEthan

I live in the UK and do YouTube videos in my spare time, I have recently got paid by a partner of mine in dollars. It says the payment is complete but It's not in my available balance. It ususally converts into pounds (£) and I can use instantly, it hasnt been in my balance for nearly a week. Wondering if I have to wait longer or something. Any help would be great. Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

did he send in dollars or sterling?

if te former is your paypal account set up to receive dollars?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AdamEthan

In dollars, I have converted money before but when I try to convert the sum sent it says its not availabale.

Login to Me Too

viatarq18
New Community Member

Amount received: $5.00 USD

Fee amount:   $0.00 USD

Net amount:   $5.00 USD

does this mean $5 has also been subtracted becuase that is really stupid, my wallet is still $0 even though it says +$5

Login to Me Too

viatarq18
New Community Member

never mind i just realised i needed to add the us currency

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi matt292,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

I'm very sorry you can’t see your full available balance. I have a very quick and easy solution to resolve this situation.

Click on ‘Currencies’ under ‘Money’ tab which will allow you adding the currency you’ve received funds in.

That will automatically add the new PayPal balance for you and will allow you withdrawal.

Hope it helps!

I wish you happy transacting with PayPal Smiley Happy

Anna

Login to Me Too

Motyon
New Community Member

I have the same problem and this solution does not work for me. Its not showing the balance in any currencies. I dont know where my money is. Payment is okey i can see but balance not okey.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.