Received money, but Paypal balance is 0 ?

matt292
New Community Member

Hello

I received a payment today, but my Paypal balance (on the left in the new design) reads 0.00.

However, if I click "History" - the payment is correctly showing in the top left.

When I click "withdraw money" in the new site - I get the following message: "There's nothing to transfer right now. Try again when you have a PayPal balance."

Does anyone know why the "classic site" is correctly telling me what money I have, yet the newer looking one doesn't recognise it? I want to transfer the payment I received to my bank account.

Is it just a case of waiting for it to correct itself?

Thank you

Kind regards

Matthew

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

Sandra1961
Contributor
Contributor
Not showing at all. But think it has been identified what the problem is. Our ebay email does not match that of PayPal. However, it's possible there is some kind of fraud going on because the "owner" of our 2nd email account (according to Paypal) is someone called Carol. We have never heard of nor used this name. In addition the other verification details on this Email address do not match anything we know. PayPal are now investigating. We wait with bated breath.
Login to Me Too

Sandra1961
Contributor
Contributor
Further to my previous message. I had to contact PayPal again despite promises that they would call me back. Apparently any money i have received for selling on ebay has gone into our 2nd email account, which has details unrecognisable to us. As a result PayPal say the money is lost as we cannot prove that account is ours. I have asked PayPal to send me an email to that address so I can reply and prove it's mine but they've refused. The first guy I spoke to said the home address on both the accoints with differing email addresses, matched. The second person I spoke to said they don't. I have no idea where to go next. I will ask virgin media to confirm that is our email address but I suspect PayPal won't be interested. Anyone any ideas how we proceed? I won't let it rest even if I have to open a Small Claim against PayPal. We aren't talking a fortune - maybe around £200. Anyone with any similar problems?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.