Received money, but Paypal balance is 0 ?

matt292
New Community Member

Hello

I received a payment today, but my Paypal balance (on the left in the new design) reads 0.00.

However, if I click "History" - the payment is correctly showing in the top left.

When I click "withdraw money" in the new site - I get the following message: "There's nothing to transfer right now. Try again when you have a PayPal balance."

Does anyone know why the "classic site" is correctly telling me what money I have, yet the newer looking one doesn't recognise it? I want to transfer the payment I received to my bank account.

Is it just a case of waiting for it to correct itself?

Thank you

Kind regards

Matthew

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Motyon

If its not showing in your paypal balance then it sounds as if you have not been paid at all.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

monika134
New Community Member

I have the same problem. My balance says 0 €, but I received money from ebay and it's under "completed" +18,98€. I want to withdraw the money, but I can't because the balance says 0. 

Anyone knows what I can do?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@monika134

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payment went in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will always take from those funds (as that is now the default funding source), rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie buyers payment rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ozzya
New Community Member

The same issue here and this post helped me. I have chekced my recent purchases detail and it says that they use funds from my account to pay for it and a bit from my card, so all looks fine now. 

Login to Me Too

Peter_Musuta
Contributor
Contributor

realised paypal are bunch of **bleep** ..

liars !!!  

my brother sent me Euro via family n friends and he had to pay fee 3 euro something .. 

Fking d-heads !! hypocrites !! ¬¬

Login to Me Too

marzenalech

Hi! The same problem. Have received payment twice, never was able to see it in the balance. This is mental - I can not have the money I have been paid!!!

Pay Pal - this should be CLEAR and FAIR, this is not the way to deal with people

Login to Me Too

marzenalech

By the way: Pay Pal was getting the money from my account for every transaction. So where are my funds?

Login to Me Too

kissoon

hello
i received money on the 26th of december..and it's been 2 days my paypal balance is still zero!!!!!

As i received the payments in dollars, i changed my currency to dollars. And my balance is still zero!!!!!! :@
HELP PLEASE 

Login to Me Too

Sandra1961
Contributor
Contributor
I am in the same position. I have had 2 payments made to me 3 days ago for goods I sold on ebay. I had confirmation emails from PayPal that both payments had been made. However my balance is £0 and there are no credits to my bank account. I have messaged PayPal twice now and am yet to receive a reply. Anyone have any suggestions? My currency is set as £ and both payments were made in sterling.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sandra1961

1. Do the transactions show in your paypal account history but funds show 0 OR

2. Does the transaction NOT show in your paypal account transaction history?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.