PayPal Account is mine but has brother's name - how to change?

iDShaDoW
New Community Member

I've had this account since early 2000s and don't really want to abandon this one and make a new account.

Is there a way to change it?

I can easily scan/fax my driver's license and a bank/credit card statement.  Can also obtain the same from my brother and submit it to PayPal as well.

For all intents and purposes, this account is under my e-mail, 99% of sent/received funds from this account were my transactions and done using my credit cards/bank accounts tied to it.

Thanks for any help/advice.

===

Also, I'm unable to send instant transfers using my checking account that's attached to this account.  Anyone know how to solve this?

I've read some other threads and people say that the PayPal support people aren't sure why either.  I did speak to someone months ago and he said that it's because of my credit cards - he even walked me through removing cards and re-adding some and he even did it for me on his end when I provided my card information but it still tells me it will take 3-5 days.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

you are not supposed to use another persons paypal account and if it is in your brothers name then it is his account.

your best bet is to close it and open one in your own name as you can't transfer paypal accounts which is what you would be doing if you changed the name to another persons.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.