Do I need a credit card / bank account to use PayPal?

TransversaI
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently made a PayPal account so I can receive money for my commissions. Although I have an account set up, I am unsure if I need a credit card or bank account to receive money. I'm not purchasing anything, just receiving.

I'd hate to have made this account and be unable to receive any money, as I do not have a bank account or credit card yet. 

Thank you in advance to whoever has help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TransversaI

You can probably receive the funds but you won't be able to ''spend '' them without a back up card linked to verify your paypal account.

You won't be able to withdraw the funds unless you have a bank account linked.

If the reason that you don't have a bank account or card is that you are under 18 then you should not have a paypal account and risk it being permanently limited and any funds ''frozen''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TransversaI

You can probably receive the funds but you won't be able to ''spend '' them without a back up card linked to verify your paypal account.

You won't be able to withdraw the funds unless you have a bank account linked.

If the reason that you don't have a bank account or card is that you are under 18 then you should not have a paypal account and risk it being permanently limited and any funds ''frozen''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TransversaI
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your help!

I haven't bothered with setting either of those up yet, but I'll be sure to soon!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.