Customer want the butter and the... money too!

LuckyThirteen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I sold an object on eBay for $500.00 it was brand new in the box. SEALED by the maker. The product is under the fabricant warranty until Sept 13th 2013 I did call them to confirm this and they agreed. My problem is the buyer is claiming me the full amount of is purchase stating that the product is internally damage. In fact the object is 99% in perfect shape it is usable and perform like a new ( I agree the product is not 100% perfect) but I can do nothing about it since the only way is to return the good via an RMA issued by the maker.

The maker gonna fix it FREE if it's not the user fault (it's really not unless the buyer did intentional damage to the good I am not aware of) even paying shipping both ways. The buyer must send it back as well to have it corrected, but...

The customer try to claim back is money (and I know is using his product everyday like usual, he used it some days before the issue happened), but I can not do nothing if he is not cooperating with the maker to have it fix. 

I don't want to be fooled or scammed I can't afford to lose the money and the product as well. I tried to help him as much as I can, but I have no control on his decision. I even call the maker for him with the requiered infos but he doesn't look like he's willing to resolve this but by claiming the money and keeping the product. One week ago he left me awesome positive feedback and stating he really enjoying the good.

Now is Paypal automaticaly allowing the fault to the seller?

Please I really need advice with this issue.

TIA

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kkootenay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

This is what eBay calls an"Item Not As Described" dispute.

Tell the buyer to return the unused product to you (not the manufacturer) for a full refund.

If this is a scam, there is a good chance you will never hear from him again.

If it is returned, you can see if there is an obvious problem. Since you are the one who bought it from the manufacturer, it would be up to you to make the warranty claim.

But if there was a warranty card included in what you sent the buyer, he can use that to work directly with the manufacturer.

Paypal will want the item to be returned to you using Signature Delivery Confirmation .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.