Setting up multiple IPN's?

AK2
New Community Member

I already have 1 IPN url set for my account, but i want to add an IPN for another application. Is there anyway for me to have 2 set up at the same time, or is it only 1 per account?

Thanks.

-AK2

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Heafirm
New Community Member
Well I did A lot of searching for this issue and it looks as though I may have stumbled upon a solution. http://codeseekah.com/2012/02/11/how-to-setup-multiple-ipn-receivers-in-paypal/ "The concept An single IPN URL is setup for PayPal to notify your application of payments. The IPN handler code broadcasts PayPal’s payload to other IPN URLs you may have selectively or in bulk." I hope it's of some help to someone. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

PayPal_paula

Hi AK2,

You can only set up one IPN url within the account profile.

However, you can define IPN urls on a transactional basis using the variable ‘notify_url’, see information here

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

Poirot
Contributor
Contributor

The link you gave does not work anymore, can you please post an updated link?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Poirot, 

I have just tested the link and it is still available for viewing. If you are getting an error please try viewing it in a different browser. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Fred_A222
New Community Member

Is there any way the IPN can be sent to the address specified in the Account Info and to the notify_url?  We ahve three different programs sending to the payements API.  They each use thier own notify_url.  We want to get a summary and verify all transactions.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

coolio
Contributor
Contributor

The problem with that is that you would not want to be embedding your notification server address in an html page this would mean that the likely hood of the notification server being hacked or bypassed would be increased.. 

I have a notification url also in paypal and need to add a different notify url for a specific product i sell online.. 

I presuming that if the url isnt embedded in the page that a 'new account' would need to be created for this purpose?

to ensure that the notification url for my servers are protected?

or is there a different way to do it? i couldnt see a different way on the page above.. 

The problem is I need 4 different notification urls for payments from different market places?

and if you need different accounts  to do this, is this not against paypals rules & regs?

thanks

Steve

Login to Me Too

Bnpositive
Contributor
Contributor

I'm facing this same issue with a couple of different clients. Would be great if PayPal offered the ability to create multiple IPN url's for a single account.

Login to Me Too

coachpeter
New Community Member

I'm in the same situation as well. I have a membership website with online product I sell that has an IPN. And I've just set up a new website with Event Esspresso plugin, it's an event management plugin, that requires it's own IPN.

I'm a little surprised to see that Paypal haven't responded to several of the posts here in this topic.

Please Paypal can you help us with this?

Login to Me Too

CEOHinrichs
New Community Member

I just discovered that I cannot set up another IPN Url. Now what????? My 2nd website is up and ready to go! Can I register a new business account? 

Login to Me Too

Exactaprint
New Community Member

I am wanting to have 3 websites set up with PayPal payment and to send PayPal invoices our to customers. We currently have IPN set up for one website, the extension changes the notification URL when redirecting the user to the PayPal site, however I use shopping cart buttons on another one of our sites and I am now receiving 'PayPal Instant Payment Notification Warnings' everyday. Will we need seperate PayPal accounts for each site? I hope not as I would rather bulk everything together to benefit from the reduced fees. If anyone could help I would be most grateful.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.