Setting up multiple IPN's?

AK2
New Community Member

I already have 1 IPN url set for my account, but i want to add an IPN for another application. Is there anyway for me to have 2 set up at the same time, or is it only 1 per account?

Thanks.

-AK2

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

NiyoLtd
New Community Member

I honestly don't understand why there isn't an option for multiple ipns by now. It's actually illogical as you do not allow multiple accounts to begin with and further more if one did have multiple accounts they can't be linked to the same bank account. Please paypal, this is something you need to work on...

Login to Me Too

TechTrader
New Community Member

Has this feature to setup multiple IPN's been resolved yet?  Paypal Support or Past Posters... Please Help!

Login to Me Too

Simplification
New Community Member

This is really important for me also.

I run several different websites but all from a single limited company. I dont want to have to open multiple Paypal accounts so that I get the correct IPN notifications back to the sites so at a loss currently how to make it all work.

Also, as Paypal dont let you have multiple paypal accounts linked to a single bank account this wont work either. Perhaps what we are being told is to share our payment options with some of their competitors that do make this alot easier.

Please PayPal get this resolved - big issue.

S

Login to Me Too

QwilteeBing
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, Don't know if this actually works, but there is a product called Zapier (it is free) that claims to be able to resolve this issue. I'm waiting to hear back on whether or not PayPal can actually facilitate this themselves.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Heafirm
New Community Member
Well I did A lot of searching for this issue and it looks as though I may have stumbled upon a solution. http://codeseekah.com/2012/02/11/how-to-setup-multiple-ipn-receivers-in-paypal/ "The concept An single IPN URL is setup for PayPal to notify your application of payments. The IPN handler code broadcasts PayPal’s payload to other IPN URLs you may have selectively or in bulk." I hope it's of some help to someone. 🙂
Login to Me Too

superj707
Contributor
Contributor

I really don't get why we can't just set up multiple IPN's

This makes no sense

Login to Me Too

TheHawkster
Contributor
Contributor

Is this issue still unresolved...?

Login to Me Too

MarLarsen
New Community Member

Here's a few conspiracy theories of mine:

You can't setup multiple IPNs because:

- if you're doing something illegal (which I know 99% of us aren't~), it's easier to receive payment across multiple sites. sure it's no prevention, but it makes it harder for criminals to 'abuse' PayPal.

- you have to setup multiple PayPal accounts, and then transfer the monies to each other. PayPal gets more cut of the transfers. ; )

- eh, wait, why would you want multiple IPN accounts across multiple sites anyway? if you're a legit business, then you should operate one website for your one business and focus your company energy this way.

Enjoy~

Login to Me Too

TheHawkster
Contributor
Contributor
Wow, what a helpful reply to bring us all back to the thread in hope with - NOT. I, for one, could not put my fine art nudes in a shop alongside cute felted goods without causing surprise or confusion for both sets of clients. I'm sure there are a myriad of other legitimate reasons why people need multiple online shops!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.