Can I still recieve payment if the bank doesn't allow transaction through Paypal?

OrdinaryXtreme
New Community Member

I recently sold something, and am new to paypal. My buyer was going to pay through paypal but their transaction was declined. I searched a little into this and found out that the bank account I linked to my paypal, more specifically, the bank itself, does not approve of transactions through paypal.

Does the fact that the transfer was declined have anything to do with this? Or does transactions only refer to buying and not receiving money? Or is it the fault of the other party?

Also, do I need to link a dc or cc to be able to recieve payment?

Thanks c:

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there, welcome to the PayPal Community. I see you have not had a response from any of our members to date. Maybe I can help.

If the payment was declined it is most likely an issue on their side, however for you to receive payments you must ensure you have confirmed your email address. The issue with the bank would not prevent you from receiving payments.

-David R

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.