Adaptive Payments - fees

Davidd-
New Community Member

Hello forum

I hope somebody can help clarify things or show me where I can find the information.

• I am looking to set up adaptive payments for a UK website and I want to see how the fees work.  There is information on the US fees on this page https://www.x.com/developers/paypal/products/adaptive-payments but I cannot find the corresponding UK fees.  I assume that the percentages remain the same, but if anybody can tell me what the £ sterling fees and bands are, I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks,

David

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

comsatis
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I will create a website of freelancer marketplace on WordPress with the system .... However, I know that PayPal and other payment systems are struggling against illicit transactions (money laundering ...). So I have questions that will directly impact my site management rules.

1-Do I have to have a PayPal account to use adaptive payments?
2-What is the payment limit with this system? In other words: what is the maximum budget for a project that a recruiter (company) can pay? I imagine PayPal imposes strict conditions with regard to money laundering in particular.
3-In this payment system, is there a time limit for a project? In other words, if the project is still not finished at the end of N days, does PayPal anticipate anything?
4-When is the freelance paid?
5-Is it possible to realize split payments? For example, the triggering of a payment at each milestone.
6-Does the recruiter have the opportunity to pay a deposit to the freelancer?
7-is the freelance payment automatic or should the admin manually perform the transfer?
8-At the end of how long is the freelance paid?
9-From the time the project is finished, how long does the recruiter have to pay? (The risk is that the recruiter picks up a completed project but does not pay)
10-Does the PayPal adaptive Payments System offer financial or legal guarantees to both freelance (if not payment) and to the company (if Project not delivered)?

Regards,

William

Login to Me Too

dmcreid
New Community Member

Hi,  my developer has set up chained payments, however there is an error, let me explain.

Four parties involved

Buyer

Seller

Company who owns the platform being used, lets call it 'Site'

Paypal

EXAMPLE

Buyer accepts offer to buy ipad for £100 from seller

Both buyer and seller are charged 5% by 'Site'

Using chained payments, the buyers 5% is sent to Seller along with £100 cosl of sale so total of £105

Seller in a separation transaction passes on buyers 5% and his 5% to 'Site'

However, Paypal charge fees to seller, which should be on the £100 sale, but is being charged on the full £105, so sale cost and buyers 5%.  How can this be rectified?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys.

Thanks for reaching out to us in regards to this.

If you are inquiring about the fees applied on adaptive payments, you should be able to find more information through our User Agreement under the Fees section. This can be found by clicking the Legal Agreements option at the bottom of any PayPal webpage.

Dmcreid, as your query is specific regarding specified payments, I would advise you to reach out to our customer service team directly so that we can look into this further on your behalf.

Please let us know how it goes.
David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.