7 days to send order??!

Emeraldangeluk
Contributor
Contributor

I am a designer who makes hand made clothing and accessories. I have just received an order where it tells me that I must ship the order within 7 days. This is normally not possible for my kind of product/business as with many similar businesses. All my designs are handmade to order and in my own shop policies it is clearly outlined. This is ridiculous and impossible and would put thousands of businesses like mine out of business if we were to follow this "rule"!

I have tried to find under what paypal policy this is but can't? Any advice? I shall have to stop using paypal if they insist on this stupidity!

Thanks

Maria

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

moonrakre
Contributor
Contributor

I have this problem too.  The email says I have indicated that I will supply within 7 days, but  I haven't indicated anything and can't find where I can change it to 14 days.  Does anyone know where this can be changed, please?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

The 7 days you are both talking about sounds like it comes from our Seller Protection Policy. If you click on that link you will see the criteria to be covered under our Seller Protection Policy. The bit that concerns you is below - 

"We recommend that you ship the item within 7 days of receipt of payment. Or, if the payment is for pre-ordered or made-to-order goods, it must be shipped within the timeframe specified in your item listing."

As with all of our criteria, it's not something we would enforce. We are just highlighting what you need to do to be covered, it may not always suit everyone.

I hope this answers your question

Wayne

Login to Me Too

Emeraldangeluk
Contributor
Contributor

Super, thanks for clarifying Wayne 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.