Avoiding the Scammers

AmyG20
New Community Member
I was told my account had to be expanded in order for my money to appear in my account and was told to send money through money gram to his relatives (£150-250) ??? Luckily I never sent anything then got emails saying the moneys in your account the emails were a result of phishing and PayPal confirmed it for me now I’m stuck because I need my £25 for the item I sent DO NOT TRUST Mariah Marvin at gmail
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AmyG20

This is how a typical scam works ..................

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram or Western Union etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.