why cant we print second class lables through ebay/paypal

bazzas76
Contributor
Contributor

hi i have based all my ebay selling items by second class postage which ebay have in there scroll option but paypal have not got the same options i have had to pay out xtra because they only have first class option and i thought they were working together why have one option on one site but not the other seems pretty silly!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

PayPal_david

Hi Bazzas76,

When a customer is purchasing postage through their PayPal account, there are a few different options available. There is no option to purchase second class postage at this time through your PayPal account. There may however be an option to do this directly from eBay.

The postage services that are offered through PayPal are as follows:

Royal Mail Services

- Royal Mail 1st Class
- Recorded Delivery
- Special Delivery 9am
- Special Delivery Next Day
- Standard Parcels
- Airmail
- Airsure

Parcelforce Services

- Parcelforce 24
- Parcelforce 48
- Parcelforce International Datapost
- Parcelforce Global Priority

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

fyuwcgerboi
New Community Member

How can that posssibly help?! I have set my postage as second class to offer my buyers cheaper postage  because this is an option on ebay then to not be able to do this through paypal is totaly disgraceful, so I am now going to lose anything between 50p to £1.15 per item, some of my items have only sold for 0.99p as it is. WIll Paypal refund me this???

Login to Me Too

pumkin
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree - even if not using ebay - PAYpal won't let me use 2nd class.  My margins on products are also keep tight for benefit of customer and then lose out if I use Royal Mail through PayPAL.  If they really read these, basically this is second time I am now logging out to find good old fashioned stamps because I can't afford the 1st Class limited option for the package I am sending today,....

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey guys,

I’m sorry that you can no longer use Second Class post through PayPal but this was a decision made between PayPal and Royal Mail. If you’re unhappy with choosing another option then you can use your local post office instead. If you wish to use PayPal postage then you will need to adjust your listings accordingly to allow for the extra postage.

Please also be aware that to be fully covered under Seller Protection you should be sending the items with tracking.

Login to Me Too

pumkin
Contributor
Contributor

That's totally understood - and either way Royal Mail gets their money.   We just don't use the labelling part of PayPal anymore !   Maybe that's the plan?

Login to Me Too

Gwhizz
New Community Member

Totally agree - its a disgrace that this service is not offered. All people can do now is use the royal mail site direct or use stamps!

Login to Me Too

Andyhulme

NOW THAT MAIL IS GOING UP SO MUCH YOU NEED TO RE THINK

OR YOU WILL JUST END UP LOSING CUSTOMERS AND MONEY

Login to Me Too

Hovekathyj
Contributor
Contributor

I think this is disgraceful.  It is pretty time consuming enough, without now having to go to another website to print out our Second Class Recorded For postage labels.  I am pretty cross about this.

Login to Me Too

designitbig
New Community Member

I understand that there is currenly an agreement between Paypal and Royal Mail in which it is decided that Paypal wont offer 2nd class postage as an option.

As I feel it would be greatly beneficially to myself and many other customers, I just wondered whether there was any plans to review this decision in the near future?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.