Postage Fields Missing

granjune
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else experience the problem of missing county fields when they try to print PayPal postage lables. This is not too bad if posting to a UK address but the euivalent field also omits to print on overseas labels which often makes them incomplete or insufficient. 

I would be interested to know if anyone else has this problem and if so have they found a fix

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

bigchrisrogers
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I get this problem frequently.  PAYPAL provide the address of the customer but often do not include the COUNTY.  So I have to check online by searching google using the postcode.  Then select the county.

The really annoying thing about it is that even when I put the county in, the printed label does not include the county.  The post office does not need the county to make the delivery as long as the postcode is on.  

Cannot understand why the PP postage sceeen demands the county then does not use it.

I also get a similar issue sometimes when sending abroad, the state is often demanded, I generally just use the country.

Chris

Login to Me Too

bigchrisrogers
Contributor
Contributor

This problem still persists but has become even worse now.  Even when I edit the address to add the correct county I get the error message.  Sending to foreign destinations is just not possible.  Italy has no counties ! ! ! !

I've given up with PAYPAL and now use the royal mail website.  I guess this may have been the intention of royal mail.  As I understand it, it is Royal Mail who operate the Paypal Postage.  Clearly it is in RM interest to handicap that service and hope people (like me) go direct.

Login to Me Too

grethe
New Community Member

Hi

I've noticed by yours and other posts that this had been a problem going back some time.

I have had a few now myself. Mostly the USA with incomplete Zip codes and Sates missing and 1 Italy. I have to check the label and write in the missing details. I also notice from these posts that Paypal has not replied to any of these posts.

This is a major problem as this will affect feedback and cause these items to go missing.

I think the problem lies with the template field that Paypal use and that if there are too many characters then it just drops off the rest.

I have actually now sent a message to Paypal so will see what happens.

Regards Grethe

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.