non payment from a buyer

gary1959zx
New Community Member

I sent 2 models to brazil, the buyer contacted me to say he never received the models, this was around 5 weeks after dispatch, as prompted by pay pal i paid out to the buyer from my paypal account to keep the customer happy me thinking i was a good seller and also if i didnt paypal would of paid the buyer for the loss. After approx 6 weeks the buyer contacted me via ebay to say he had received the 2 models and he would reimburse the money the sum of £109, he asked for my paypal email address. 4 weeks on and numerous emails i have yet to receive the refund. I contacted paypal and they have said theres nothing they can do. I,m puzzled by this if paypal can take money from my account and pay a buyer when problems arrise why cant this work in reverse for the seller?   

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gary1959zx

Paypal can't 'take from your funding source' for a dispute, all they can do is take from any funds already in your paypal balance OR put your paypal account into negative until you pay them back.

However that is if the buyer 'won' a dispute for non receipt etc.

Paypal can't help themselves to funds from a buyer you voluntarily refunded.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.