hidden charges

JudeP
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - I have just sold my first item on ebay and got an email from paypal to say that i have received £14.40 - when i look on my paypal account it only says £13.71. Whilst this is a small amount it is not clear where that missing money is going, and if they do this to everyone and relying on the fact that people dont have the energy to complain then they are making a fortune - so it is more of a principle issue for me. Unless I have missed some obvious charges somewhere. Any thoughts? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JudeP

What hidden charges? Paypals fees are clearly listed in their user agreement?

Ebays fee is listed in your seller account on Ebay and invoiced for you to pay monthly.

Paypals fee is deducted directly from your buyers payment and the remainder credited to your paypal balance.

You were paid £14.40, paypal fee is 3.4% + 20p  per transaction so if my maths is correct you were charged a fee of 0.69p which is correct so why do you think you were charged a 'hidden fee?'

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JudeP

What hidden charges? Paypals fees are clearly listed in their user agreement?

Ebays fee is listed in your seller account on Ebay and invoiced for you to pay monthly.

Paypals fee is deducted directly from your buyers payment and the remainder credited to your paypal balance.

You were paid £14.40, paypal fee is 3.4% + 20p  per transaction so if my maths is correct you were charged a fee of 0.69p which is correct so why do you think you were charged a 'hidden fee?'

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JudeP
Contributor
Contributor
thanks that is good to know- i am new to all this so didnt know there were any charges at all so was confused but that makes sense. thanks.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.