ebay payment to my paypal is on hold for 21 days

kashy2012
Contributor
Contributor

ebay payment to my paypal is on hold for 21 days  because iam new to ebay any1 no how long till the 21 day goes off

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Normally once you have done 100 selling transactions but >>>>

HERES SOME INFO FOR YOU:

Why your payments are held.

• You have been selling on eBay for less than 90 days
• You have an eBay feedback score fewer than 100 as a seller and have not yet established a record of good performance
• You have received fewer than 20 Detatiled Seller Ratings on eBay in the last 12 months or your eBay seller performance is below standard
• You have a high rate of customer disputes or a low eBay feedback percentage
• You have been a PayPal member for less than 6 months and have limited selling activity
• You have a sudden change in selling activities (e.g. suddenly selling expensive items, selling large numbers of items, etc.)
• You happen to be selling in a high risk category such as tickets, travel, gift vouchers, computers, electronics, mobile phones, etc.
Depending on the circumstances, paypal may set aside payments for a single transaction or for all payments to sellers who meet the criteria above.

How can I get the payments released before 21 days.

1. If your buyer leaves feedback (pos) then funds are normally released within 48 hours of that feedback being left.
2. If you decide to send an item trackable then you can add the tracking number to the details of the paypal transaction and funds are then released when the item shows as delivered + 3 days.

What if I have met the criteria for release and the funds are still held.

The release of payments is not automatic before 21 days, so you need to email or phone paypal via "contact us" bottom of paypal pages with the transaction i.d's of the payments involved. State how you met the criteria for release of funds before 21 days eg feedback or a tracking number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Normally once you have done 100 selling transactions but >>>>

HERES SOME INFO FOR YOU:

Why your payments are held.

• You have been selling on eBay for less than 90 days
• You have an eBay feedback score fewer than 100 as a seller and have not yet established a record of good performance
• You have received fewer than 20 Detatiled Seller Ratings on eBay in the last 12 months or your eBay seller performance is below standard
• You have a high rate of customer disputes or a low eBay feedback percentage
• You have been a PayPal member for less than 6 months and have limited selling activity
• You have a sudden change in selling activities (e.g. suddenly selling expensive items, selling large numbers of items, etc.)
• You happen to be selling in a high risk category such as tickets, travel, gift vouchers, computers, electronics, mobile phones, etc.
Depending on the circumstances, paypal may set aside payments for a single transaction or for all payments to sellers who meet the criteria above.

How can I get the payments released before 21 days.

1. If your buyer leaves feedback (pos) then funds are normally released within 48 hours of that feedback being left.
2. If you decide to send an item trackable then you can add the tracking number to the details of the paypal transaction and funds are then released when the item shows as delivered + 3 days.

What if I have met the criteria for release and the funds are still held.

The release of payments is not automatic before 21 days, so you need to email or phone paypal via "contact us" bottom of paypal pages with the transaction i.d's of the payments involved. State how you met the criteria for release of funds before 21 days eg feedback or a tracking number.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nikm
New Community Member

is it safe to post item whilst paypal are holding payment due to you being a new seller on ebay?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well if you don't then you won't get your money as the buyer will file a dispute for non receipt and your held payment will be sent back to the  buyer.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

pully999

This all seems highly suspicious to me,  in not bordering on illegal....

I agree that yes,  paypal may detail holding payments in their terms etc,  but lets be honest,  who except lawyers read that stuff ?    At no point on ebay while setting up a sell, is there ANY mention that funds will be held by paypal for 21 days.

ebay have now invoiced me for fees,  which they will not receive because my money is in paypals high interest scam account, I am without mobile phone for 3 weeks while I wat for payment (I would have recycled it back to the provider for less money had I known about this scam)

even more interesting,  the payment received from the customer credited my paypal account MINUS paypals fee,  surely,  if they are holding the money for the reason they say,   then they should not take their fee until happy that the money can be released ?   if there is a dispute now, the money is short ...

Also,  paypal allowed me to buy the postage,  with the money that was credited to me, but again,  surely that money was / is unavailable until paypal decide that I can have it ?

I'm going to have to look into this, it all sounds like an attempt to tie funds up in paypals account earning interest rather than validly protecting ebay purchases.

I can not think of one other instance that I have ever come accross where a 3rd party that charges a fee for handling money between 2 parties, can then think they have the right to hold payments as they feel fit.  The agreement was between me and another person, and paypal is supposed to be a paid convenience service..   doesn't seem like it to me.

I seriously tempted now to cancel my paypal account, this has annoyed me (i've been a customer longer than I care to remember)    there are other services out there that will provide the same services,  and they don't hold paying customers (me) to ransom

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Its for buyer protection > if a seller refuses to refund a buyer for an item not received and paypal can't access funds in the sellers account then they refund the buyer themselves.

So to protect themselves and still be able to offer buyer protection they hang on to the funds of new sellers until they have a record of good performance.

Same as a bank will hold onto a "guarantee" sometimes for a loan.

And to be fair without buyer protection its doubtful we would sell our stuff in the first place as i for one as a buyer would not send money to a stranger without buyer protection.

Finally to be fair again the money is not ours until the buyer has received their item and is happy with it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

heathandco2008
New Community Member

I fully agree with you, Paypal are just ripping off sellers of all their hard work in selling on eBay.

Its getting to the point that it is not worth doing it anymore.

I have been a 100% top rated ebay buyer and seller & Paypal linked for 10 years and have made thousands of xtransactions with no complaints or even 1 negative feedback, BUT when I have to change my email address on EBay and Paypal because of NBN RSP connection, all my sales income has been put on HOLD for 21 days.  

THIS IS SCANDALOUS.  Even Ebay told me that all sales funds had been released by them for payment and were not put on hold by them, but Paypal do not care about their main customers. No sellers no money.  Paypal have become GREEDY and DEMANDING.  They are even trying to get me to upload my PASSPORT, that’s illegal, SO go FISH!

Will be considering my options, EBay and Paypal are on the nose in 2017-2018,,!!!

Login to Me Too

Ben247
New Community Member
I recently got paid from selling an eBay item and the funds the buyer paid were on hold but now it’s showing that there’s no funds on hold anymore ? Please help
Login to Me Too

MrMemobli
Contributor
Contributor
I added tracking number, recieved 5* feedback from the seller no disputes against me and they still held funds minus their fees for 10 days!!!! Not happy with this at all 2 other items I sold funds were available straight away
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrMemobli

You are posting on a thread dated 2013 so a lot of the info on this thread is now out of date especially as Ebay and Paypal are now 2 separate companies with 2 separate policies for held funds for new sellers.

If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
This is the new seller hold that every single seller on Ebay has or will go through.
Also Ebay feedback has no bearing on payment release. Normally for the Ebay hold its when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days if you use Ebay / paypal postage.

So your item was delivered presumably within a week of the buyer paying and Ebay released the funds 3 days after that delivery.

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.
https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr?query=1746

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.