ebay payment to my paypal is on hold for 21 days

kashy2012
Contributor
Contributor

ebay payment to my paypal is on hold for 21 days  because iam new to ebay any1 no how long till the 21 day goes off

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Trichomes
Contributor
Contributor

If id known about waiting upto 21 days why would I bother putting it on eBay I could easily sell elsewhere without this hassle I’ve sent my last parcel and I’ll NEVER use eBay to sell again until something changes as were blatantly getting scammed As a parcel takes upto 3 days to receive and unless WE pay extra for tracking or HOPE the buyer leaves feedback as soon as he received parcel we will not get funds released early...I personally prefer shpok now it’s a lot easier with no fees etc enjoy paying eBay selling fees then paying PayPal aswell for keep hold of your money for 3 weeks I’ll keep mine in my bank from now and gain interest myself cheeky fkers.......

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Trichomes

You have a good point about selling elsewhere and getting instant cash BUT I have found that if you do that you don't get so much money for your item as Ebay generally has more buyers. So personally I would rather wait a little while for my money and get more for my item than the other way around.

Also if you send trackable you never wait 21 days (most i waited was a week) and generally its when tracking shows delivery of the item + 3 days.

As for tracking you don't pay anything, you list how much you charge postage and you state how you will be sending it and the buyer pays the amount that is stated on your auction and feedback has no bearing on payment release, its only the tracking number.

As for the 'scam' factor, you are at no more risk of being scammed as paypal is holding the money and not the buyer, the buyer can only get it back again if he files a dispute for non receipt of item (would fail if you sent trackable) OR not as described (when he would have to return it at his own expense first and only if Ebay found in his favour).

Even if the funds were in your bank account and the buyer filed a dispute and won then paypal would put your paypal account into negative until you paid them back again etc etc.

But if you have found a better platform that works for you then go for it, I tend to use Ebay and another but personally find I get a higher price for my item using Ebay even with the higher costs involved.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrMemobli

Read the link i posted below as you have posted in the middle of a thread.

Feedback has NO bearing on payment release.

For Ebays hold funds are normally released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.