collection of payment

kumarinair
New Community Member

Hi there....

I just sold my car via online & the buyer want to make payment via Paypal. she has mad the payment to my account.

I received a email for this....

I just want to confirm if the details in this mail is genuine...

A temporary hold has been placed on this transaction!

To activate your Pending Payment, Transport Company Awaiting Payment.

A sum of RM5,000.00 MYR was added for the shipping of the merchandise which has also been deducted from the buyer's account but will not be CREDITED into your account directly until you pay for the shipping.

According to our new policy,you have to pay for the shipping fee OUT OF YOUR OWN POCKET before your total payment of RM31,800.00 MYR(currently on hold in our system) is credited into your account. We are now performing new security measure with our payment services which makes us the world leading online payment for individual and business. We are highly known for this as the best,safe and most reliable payment company so far with an instinct credibility. 
This is to ensure maximum safety between both parties as a very huge amount is about to be CREDITED into your account and we want to make sure the buyer is also protected in this transaction 

This action is not a request from the buyer but a security measure we are taking to ensure and protect both parties involved in this transaction.

As instructed by the shipper, they receive their payment via only WESTERNUNION TRANSFER.

Kindly click on ww.westernunion.com.my to learn how to transfer the fund via Western Union Money Transfer to the Drop Shipper's information we provided below and email us back with the receipt as a proof of transfer so we can verify it and credit your account once all the total verification is done.

pls advice...tnc

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

If the item requires shipping they will tell you that they will pay you extra and you must pay the agent via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you.

They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.