Unauthorised Payment Dispute lost

kayanlondon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

A buyer from ebay started a case on 12th July disputing a payment made to me on 3rd June. I straight away uploaded tracking information as well as a postage receipt.

On 26th July I received an email from Paypal saying that this transaction was covered under Seller Protection and the disputed amount is now available in my Paypal Balance.

Today I received another email from them saying that they received a notice from the buyer's card issuer that the case has been decided in the buyer's favour. Paypal said that they will not debit my Paypal account for the disputed amount though.

However, when I go to the Resolution Centre on the paypal site, for this case it says the following message: 

"After reviewing your information, we closed this case in the buyer’s favour. The transaction amount has been withdrawn from your PayPal Balance."

If I look at my activity, the payment made on 3rd June is still there and hasn't been refunded, nor is there a seperate payment sent to the buyer. So I still have the money right and there's nothing to worry about? It was the message above that confused me...

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.