Sold a item on ebay and money is pending. Help!

mazipan91
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a item on the 6th June on ebay and on my ebay it says payment was initiated on 6th June 13 and is being processed through paypal. I have checked my paypal and it says the money is pending but on the transactions details it says the payment status is complete and it is ok to send.  I currently have no money hence why I sold my item and if the money is pending I cannot send it to the buyer. I have spoken to the buyer about the issue and he apologised for what was happening. He said he made the payment on the 6th June and it says it was completed so it should of gone through. This is my first ever item that I have sold. It is not my email address as I have checked that and I have bought stuff from ebay a few weeks ago and I received my item and they received their payment. Could someone please help me with this as I really do not know what else to do.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi mazipan91

Double check your ppal email address is correct on the listing  as it might have a spelling mistake

Go to your Ebay sold page, find the transaction and click sell similar, scroll down and check your email address

Login to Me Too

mazipan91
Contributor
Contributor

Hello minty1,

Yes I have checked this several times and my email address is correct

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Then it could be because you are a new seller and have a 21 day hold on your funds

In your ppal account where it says pending, click on it or hover over it does it tell you why its pending?

Login to Me Too

mazipan91
Contributor
Contributor

I checked it and it does not tell me why it is pending.

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Are your Ebay and ppal accounts linked?

Are they the same address?

Are you verified?

Below is some info from ppal website:

Why are my payments for eBay sales pending and how can I prevent this?

Your payment is pending because you’re a relatively new or inexperienced seller on eBay. We want to be sure that your buyers are satisfied. By delaying a payment, we have time to verify that there are no problems with a transaction. We hope that this will make buyers feel safer and more likely to return to purchase again.

Typically, your payment will be released within 24 hours of your buyer leaving positive feedback, or when:
  • You email/ phone us with an online tracking number confirming that the item has been delivered over 3 days ago
  • 21 days pass without a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal being filed on the payment.

Once 90 days have passed since your first eBay sale you’ll receive payments instantly in most cases. In the meantime, here are some things you can do to help get your payments quicker:
  • Process your orders right away
  • Use a postal service that provides you with online tracking information for your package
  • Communicate early and often with buyers and resolve disputes quickly.
Login to Me Too

mazipan91
Contributor
Contributor

When i tired to verify it it says it cannot be done at this time. Do you think I should ring them up?

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Yes its worth trying and then you have all your questions answered and can be more clearer on things

Login to Me Too

mazipan91
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you do you know if this number is free to ring paypal 08707 307 191

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

I dont know sorry I know 0800 nos are free from a landline, but if you got that number from the "contact/call us" tab on the website then no its not free

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.