Payment received, but can't find it on paypal

satehen
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday (Sunday) I sold some boots for £16.99 and had a notice of instant payment from Paypal.  However, today I looked at my paypal account and there was no sign of the transaction.  My  E-Bay says instant payment received as well.  Have I got this money and if so where is it?

I've been selling for years with paypal, but due to marraige I've recently set up a new paypal account in my married name.  Could this new account have something to do with it?  Help.

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

satehen
Contributor
Contributor

Argh.  Just realised what I did.  It went through to my old account and I can't claim it because it's under my old name!  What can I do and how can I change my paypal on my listed items?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there satehen,

Currently its not possible to change the email address on the listing unless u were to remove the listing and then relist the item.

If you still have access to your old PayPal account you can log into it and sent the payment from that account to your new account as a personal payment. If the old PayPal account has been closed you just need to add on the old email address to your new PayPal account, once you've added it on and confirmed it the payments will automatically clear into your new account.

Alternatively, what you can do is contact the winner and advise them you will send them a money request for the item as the email address is your old one.

To use PayPal to create a money request, please follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account at www.paypal.co.uk  
2. Click on ‘Request Money’ near the top of the page.
3. Complete the form with the recipient's email address, the amount, the currency, and the type of money request and click ‘Continue’.
• If the Money Request is for an eBay Item or Auction Goods, fill out the second page of the payment form and click ‘Continue’.
4. Review the confirmation screen and click ‘Request Money’ to send a money request or ‘Send Invoice’ to send an invoice.

I hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

patryk
New Community Member

Hey

my situation is a bit similar.

Im selling a phone and the person that want to buy it said that he sent me the money to my paypal account. But when i logged in to paypal the money wasnt there. And i told him that i didnt receive him money and he replyed saying that he has contacted paypal and they said that the money is held and i have to post the item and provide them a tracking number so that i can get the money. Is this how paypal works ? Or there is something wrong with the buyer.?

Login to Me Too

jonnd
Contributor
Contributor

i still  waiting for paypal to pay me.... but i done the other things like the postal code etc done all that been waiting 4 days for my payment.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there patrky,

There is a hold PayPal uses on some payments. However, the payment will show in your transaction history and the funds will show in your PayPal account pending balance.

We will never ask you to send your item unless the payment is visible in your PayPal account transaction history.  

The hold that may be placed is a 21 day hold or until either positive feedback is left by your buyer or you can provide a tracking number for the item that shows delivery for 3 days or more.

I hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

kayjaybee90

I've got this problem as well - I got an email from PayPal saying that the payment has been received and to click a link to accept the payment but when I click on the link it takes me to the login screen which then takes me to 'my account'. When I go into 'accept payment' from there, there is nothing there to accept.

Please help!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

How did that email address you?

Was it your real name or dear member / user etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kayjaybee90

It addressed me as my email address:

Hello (my email address),

This email confirms that you’ve nominated PayPal to receive an instant purchase payment of 36.00 AUD for your eBay item.

-----------------------------------
Item Information

... etc...

Tried to write the email address that it's from but the forum won't allow it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

That sounds like a spoof as paypal don't address you like that.

They always address you by your full name eg Dear John Smith.

I thnk you have  just given your log in info to a hijacker who may now have access to your account.

If i were you I would change my password and security questions ASAP.

Also send the email to spoof@paypal.com

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.