Nigeria Fraud

Circoloco
New Community Member
Dear ********* You have an Instant Payment of £350.00 GBP from wocdeluca(wocdeluca1&ymail.com) Payment Details Purchased From:********** Transaction ID : JX432687HE2365315 Item Number Item Title Quantity Price Subtotal 20090745677 Apple iPhone 4S - 16 GB - Black (Unlocked) Smartphone 1 £300.00 GBP £300.00 GBP Shipping & Handling via Royal mail"" to 234XX : (includes any seller handling fees) £50.00 GBP Shipping Insurance (not offered): ---- Total: £350.00 GBP Delivery Information Address: Abiodun John 76,Olayinka Street Ijeshatedo,Lagos 23401,Nigeria Address Status: Confirmed Important Note: This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED"but will not be credited to your account until the shipment bar code/tracking number sent to us for verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller. Contact the PayPal service team who handled this transaction at: paypa-inc-uk@consultant.com immediately with the shipment reference number so we can credit your account.. **PLEASE NOTE** Once item has been shipped and the bar code tracking number has been sent to us you will receive a "CONFIRMATION EMAIL" from PayPal® Team informing you that your PayPal account has been credited. Thank you for using PayPal! The PayPal Team Copyright © 1999-2013. PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal (Europe) S.á r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., Société en Commandite par Actions. Registered office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg, R.C.S. Luxembourg B 118 349. PayPal Email ID PP307 Second Email Dear **********, Sequel to the email we sent you subjecting the recent funds being paid into your account, we write to confirm that you have a pending payment of £350.00 GBP paid in by (wocdeluca) being paid for your item that you sold on eBay, item number: 20090745677. You have been asked to provide the shipment number, which is the bar code tracking number which will be issued to you after posting the item. The £350.00 GBP was paid in by the buyer for the item including the postage cost to the Nigerian address that is why you have a pending payment of £350.00 GBP, you are therefore required to provide us with the bar code tracking number so that we can credit your account. Thank you for using PayPal for your online transactions! The PayPal Team.
Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

jl22
New Community Member

I was stupid enough to indeed not search anywhere, and plus as I was handling eveything from my smartphone where ebay and PayPal seemed legit I fell for the scam. Grace Cole, this time her bf's son in Nigeria, needless to say iphone sent and ebay refunded me the amount of money THEY HAD ACTUALLY WITHDRAWN ALREADY FOR FEES!!! I am though quite suspicious on several things (let's leave aside my irrationality for actually falling for the scam):

1. if so many people have fallen/ almost fell for the scam all this time how the f*** ebay and PayPal let these email addresses, names, etc still be around? You would have thought that given the scam originally started in f***** 2013 ebay whenever seeing a Grace Cole account coming up they would pay a bit more attention and do some background checks. It's plain flags on your database.

2. How the **bleep** is possible once I mention the incident to ebay and PayPal for all accounts to be de-activated?

Why do I fear that behind this amazing scam you can find these two "lovely" companies? 

Login to Me Too

paddleoardie
New Community Member

This happed to me today, Grace Cole 'want the item to be sent to my partner's son studying in West Africa as a Birthday gift' glad this article was here as I was suspcious but when entering the email addess to google this article confirmed what I thought. 

Login to Me Too

TSB1
Contributor
Contributor

Just received payment confirmation from a buyer in Wales who now wants the iPhone shipped to NIGERIA

Payment confiormation came  with:-

PayPal Logo

Transaction ID: 68F8034528382432U

You received a payment of £219.00 GBP

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account, after we confirmed the shipment.

email address used hcashkid10; on behalf of; PayPal <transactionconfirmations>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.