Fees On Refunds

gazza166
Contributor
Contributor
I recently sold an item on eBay, the seller paid £450 and on receipt left glowing feedback. After 3 weeks they raised a dispute stating the item is defective (iPhone). To cut a long story short eBay find for the buyer and I end up refunding them. I appeal as there was nothing wrong with the phone and provided proof to eBay. They agree, and tell me the buyer has abused their returns policy, and they will consider action. However as I have the phone (it was returned) they stand by the refund. I then contact PayPal as the full refund has been given, but I have not been refunded my PayPal fees. So I have now refunded the full amount and I have also paid fees on top. I contact PayPal and I receive this : Dear ....... , Good day. Thank you for getting back to us. Let me share that when a payment is refunded, the whole amount will be refunded and the fee that we charged will also be cancelled and returned to the buyer. It is my pleasure to have it clarified. Thank you and I wish you the best. So basically I have paid the buyer back £450 from my account, and according to PayPal they’ve also sent them the fees I was charged. So I am currently £465.50 out of pocket which cannot be correct. Or is it ?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

gazza166
Contributor
Contributor
Which is exactly my point, and the example you’ve linked to sides with me but that’s not what PayPal have said. I’ll forward them a link of their own policy and go from there.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.