Do I need to confirm mobile phone and bank card on paypal, in order to use ebay uk to sell?

Preacher1
New Community Member

I was helping a relation set up an ebay and paypal account in order to sell items. Their bank account would not confirm, and neither would their mobile phone number. The bank account is now verfied after phoning paypal together with the account holder. The paypal assistant assured me that to sell they would not need to verify a bank card or mobile number, just a bank account and email address - and to agree to paypal being able to take funds (via an ebay or paypal webpage) which was checked. Is this correct?

They set up their account at work but have also tried to sell via their home address. Yet ebay still refuses to sell any items, receiving the message of being at their limit in red at the top of the ebay page, yet nothing has ever been sold via this account. They are simple items (jackets,cases) so nothing is blacklisted.

The assistant upon phoning paypal did however suggest that paypal was going through issues, and to be wary of suspect phone calls.

PS I googled and it would seem this could be related to one of the biggest computer hacks that was in (some) newspapers last week, that affected regions of the US and UK for Amazon,ebay and paypal etc. It would seem the corporations are covering their backs by not notifying how important this kind of thing really can potentially be. Possible stolen identities and passwords, missing data? What was taken? Luckily the user I refer to set up their account after this date, and my own account is linked to an old bank account, but I will change the passwords and bank account just to be safe. It shows you vulnerable money and bank data is online, but then even the banks have our details on servers whether we are using the internet or not. I am now 50-50 as to whether I should use an online sevice to sell anything at all

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.